A work-friend’s birthday is this week (we are celebrating on Friday) and since I am the official birthday baked goods provider, I am trying to figure out what to make. Work-friend has requested something light and preferably made with fruit (actually, she said that it would be fine if I just brought a fruit salad or something, to which I replied – HA. DOES NOT COUNT) and while I have recipes that would technically fit the bill, nothing that I have seems quite right. This is where you come in! Please to be giving some help and sending recipes my way. Here are the requirements:
- Should be light-ish (and by is I mean not really heavy and dense)
- Hopefully something with fruit, although I am open to other ideas
- Will need to be transported from my house to work, so it needs to be able to be moved/transported somewhat easily
- Also needs to be able to be made the night before and brought to work (I do have access to a fridge at work though)
- Would really like to make some type of fruit tart, but I don’t have a tart pan. And I’m not interested in buying one between now and Friday. Anyone know how to make a tart in a non-tart pan? I have lots of other pans!
- Am willing to make something somewhat complicated, but keep in mind that I will be making this on Thursday night, and since I have been at work until an ungodly hour every night lately, this does not bode well for the amount of time between when I arrive home and when I when I give in to the goodness of sleep.
I know, I’m needy. But what do you say – can you help a girl out?