Today shall officially be known as the day that memes ate my blog. Which is really quite OK with me, since I love memes. They remind me of the many hours I spent in college taking those online quiz thingies with my friends. It is because of those many hours that I can now tell you what color my aura is, what flower I would be, and how loyal a friend I am. Clearly, these are valuable things to know.
So, here are a few memes and other silly things that have been sent my way lately. Enjoy, and please feel free to play along, because while I really don’t need any help in fueling this addiction, I will certainly take any excuse to procrastinate a little longer.
Game #1 – Update to yesterday’s question
So -R- answered my question about the 5 things you would/wouldn’t choose to spend your money on, and one of her commenters suggested that we should also include the 5 “things you’re willing to spend a lot of money on even in your current financial condition”. Here are mine:
- Books. I do love the library and borrowing books, but I also really like to own them. I love having bookshelves full of them and I do go back and re-read most of them at some point.
- Lawn service. We have someone come to cut our grass, and I wouldn’t have it any other way. For one thing, we don’t really have a good place to store a lawn mower. Also, since we live in a duplex, we should split the responsibility with our neighbors, since it’s not really fair if we do all of it. However, our neighbors suck and I wouldn’t trust them to mow the lawn when they were supposed to, since they can’t even keep their damn cars off of it.
- Dance lessons. We spend a hell of a lot of money on this, but I would rather cut back on almost anything else than give it up.
- TiVo. It’s not that expensive, but I still feel like it falls into the luxury category. I really couldn’t give it up though. I would rather have basic cable and a TiVo (which we probably will have in a few months once our special deal is up) than better cable and no TiVo.
- Dinners out. We’ve cut down on how much we go out to eat, but we go out fairly often. It’s not like we’re getting 4 course meals – what are the chances we’d actually eat something like that – but we do get drinks and wine and sometimes dessert. Definitely more expensive than making dinner at home (because really, how expensive is frozen pizza) but really worth it because it’s fun and I get to eat something that Matt won’t and that I don’t know how to make.
Game #2 – Interview
This one was offered up by Janssen. She picked 5 questions for me to answer, and gave the following instructions in case you want to play:
Leave me a comment saying, “Interview me.”
I will respond by emailing you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.
Here are her questions and my responses:
1) If you could go on a date with any superhero, who would it be?
Wolverine. I’m bad at these because I wasn’t allowed to watch much TV as a kid so cartoons and comics weren’t really my thing – all my knowledge of these characters comes from the more recent movies that have come out. That said, I do love those movies and I want to be a superhero, and if the Wolverine I get to go on a date with looks anything like Hugh Jackman, I’m in.
Ooh! Wait! Do you consider the characters on Heroes to be superheroes? I think this question refers to the more classic superheroes, but I would really like to go on a date with Peter Petrelli.
2) Night owl or early bird?
Uhhh… neither? Either? I can be either one, I guess. I can’t be both. Currently, I wake up at 7 on weekdays and around 8 on weekends, and I fall asleep around 11. I think I’m really at my best around 10am-2pm, but maybe that’s just true of everyone? I don’t seem to hit any morning/afternoon slumps, unless I’m really tired. And I am truly incapable of napping. I used to have to be at work by 6am so I guess I was a morning person then, and in college I stayed up till all hours, so that’s why I say I can be either one.
3) What book could you read over and over again, and why?
Anne of Green Gables. I know that’s more than one, since there are 8 in the series, but I could read them all.
I’ve also read Issac Asimov’s Foundation series many times, and I will probably read it many more.
4) If you had to get rid of one room in the house, which one would it be?
Probably the dining room. We don’t really eat in it much, so while it’s nice to have it for when we have company, it’s really not a necessity.
5) PC or Mac?
Mac. I’ve always been a Mac person. Even though I use a PC at work, I have a Mac at home and I will always prefer them.
Game #3 – Movie Soundtrack:
This one was left by Jen, who I can’t seem to link to because I can’t seem to find her site anywhere… did you eat it, WordPress? Bad WordPress! Anyway, I’ll use the iTunes on my laptop because my iPod is at home, but I guess that’s the same thing.
If your life was a movie, what would the soundtrack be?
1. Turn on your iPod
2. Put it on shuffle
3. Press play
4. For every question, type the song that’s playing
5. When you go to a new question, press the next button
OPENING CREDITS: Elevation by U2
WAKING UP: Fly Away From Here by Aerosmith
FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL: American Woman by The Guess Who
FALLING IN LOVE: Save the Last Dance for Me by Michael Buble [This is perfect because Matt and I frequently dance to it!]
FIGHT SONG: The Chipmunks Song (Christmas Don’t be Late) by The Chipmunks [HA! This is awesome!]
BREAKING UP: Yours by Blues Traveler
PROM: Soulshine by The Allman Brothers Band
LIFE: Fly Me to the Moon by Frank Sinatra
MENTAL BREAKDOWN: Peace on Earth by U2
DRIVING: Free Fallin’ by Tom Petty [Another perfect one.]
FLASHBACK: Rebecca by The Pat McGee Band
WEDDING: Can’t Buy Me Love by Michael Buble
BIRTH OF CHILD: Dominic the Donkey by Abstract Ensemble [HA HA HA HA HA. Have you heard this song? I got it on iTunes because Matt didn’t know what it was and I HAD to have it on my X-mas CD. HA HA HA HA!]
FINAL BATTLE: Good Vibrations by The Beach Boys
DEATH SCENE: Into the Great Wide Open by Tom Petty
FUNERAL SONG: Just Feel Better by Santana f. Steven Tyler
END CREDITS: Stuck in a Moment You Can’t Get Out Of by U2
Full Disclosure: I have a ton of stand-up comedy on my iTunes, so I did skip past that so that I was only listing music here.
Well! Amazing how much blogging I can do when stuck on a 2 hour conference call!
Now it is your turn. Tell me how you spend your money. Ask to be interviewed. Create a soundtrack. Because it’s Friday and it’s time for some fun and games!