What? What is this? Cubicle? Work? Files and meetings and voicemail??? But! But!!
Yes. I am back. And now, for your reading pleasure, is vacation by the numbers:
- Number of people: 2
- Nights in Stowe: 5
- Bottles of wine consumed by those 2 people in those 5 nights: Umm. It may be 11. But I will neither confirm nor deny.
- Inches of snow that we received on Wednesday: 38
- Number of Valentine’s Days in a row that Matt and I have spent stuck in our hotel room: 2 (but this one was really fun because it involved a fireplace and lots of wine and TV and board games)
- Degrees the first day we went skiing: 3
- Degrees the second day we went skiing: -9
- Degrees the third day we went skiing: -1
- Number of times I yelled, “Oh, holy fuck it is fucking freezing!”: Too many to count
- Samples eaten by me on the Ben and Jerry’s tour: 3
- Weird Tour Lady who said ‘eyesh cream’ instead of ‘ice cream’: Now, you know it’s bad luck to leave free samples on the tray!
- Everyone else in our group: *leaves the room*
- Me: Well, we wouldn’t want to have any bad luck, would we?
- Matt: Umm… I don’t think she meant for you to eat three more samples.
- Me: Shut up and hand me a napkin.
- Pretty sparkly gifts received: 3
- Bottles of wine finished in the 3 days after we came back home (we came back on Friday): 5 (but a few were already open and therefore don’t really count, right)
- Pounds gained: Only 2, amazingly
- Number of times the words, “I really don’t want to go back to work tomorrow,” were spoken yesterday: 1,683,108
Vacation was awesome. But alas, work calls…